Blender game engine is a video game engine that is one of the components of Blender which is a freely-available 3D production denoting software platform. Game developers use Blender for making actual 3D interactive content. In other words, the purpose of BGE is simple. It is an integrated game engine that allows game developers to model, animate, and code a simple game in the same application. The blender game engine, in short BGE, was written in C, C++, and Python. It supports other features of programming languages such as OpenAL 3D sound.
In the strategy game development, Blender Game Engine uses graphical systems to manage the movements and display them the game. Python bindings can support the game engine. Some features of the BGE expend via a set of Python bindings.
• Without any compiling or preprocessing, BGE supports the playback movements and interactions in 3D contents;
• Blender game engine supports many geometrical shapes such as a sphere, box, cone, cylinder, capsule, etc.;
• It supports dynamic constraints activations;
• By using Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) toolkit, it supports audios;
• For overlay interfaces it uses multi-layering of scenes;
• It supports multi textures, multi-materials, texture blending, toon shading, animated materials, mapping models, types of lightings, etc.;
In 2000, two developers created the Blender Game Engine. The purpose was to establish a platform or engine that game developers could easily create a game. Besides games, its purpose was to create interactive content that required artistic skills.
Blender Game Engine created games that could smoothly as they do not require an operating system service to run. Additionally, it could be embedded in web pages with specific plug-ins. Blender 2.41 version was dedicated entirely to the software development platform, namely, game engine, and it supported audio. The new 2.42 version came with new features such as the Bullet movements of a system.